Wearing her trade mark red hood, (Akazukin means red hood or red hooded)
she's just the cutest thang you've ever seen!
- Full name
- People call her
Red Hood Chacha .
- 12. But she doesn't act her age eventhough Seravi keeps telling her
- Blonde hair, usually hidden under a red hood. Two pig tails that are
visible out from under her hood. In the earlier episodes, she can
transform into the Magical Princess Holy Up. If that is the case, look
for a Sailor Moon wannabe. (Check Holy-Up's page
for more information on her.)
- Just about everybody, except the bad guys. She thought one of the bad
guys, Mookin the Slime Monster, was cute. She has a special place in her
heart for Riiya and Shiine though, her two best friends, but if you ask
me, she prefers Riiya, especially in his wolf form!
- Is liked by
- Riiya and Shiine. Well, Chiiky likes her as well. Otherwise why would
Chiiky follow her in the episode where she found the Phoenix Sword. I
think everybody likes her, except Yakko (who likes her Teacher Seravi)
and Marin (who likes Riiya).
- Obviously the Dark Master, Daimarou for turning her parents into
stone; Rats (even the toy ones); Marin (because Marin likes Riiya)
Chacha is the princess of the land, although earlier on she does not
know that. (Heck, we don't know that either.) Entrusted to Teacher Seravi
by her grandfather Genus, Chacha has been staying with Seravi for 12 years.
(More information regarding why she was given to Seravi can be found on my
Background Info page. Teacher Seravi teaches
Chacha about magic and about life, both of which she is rather naiive
about. Daimarou wants her dead so that he can rule over the land.
When Chacha is about to attend Urara's School of Magic, Seravi gives her
The Magical Princess Medallion that, along with the Bracelet and Ring,
enables her to 'holy-up' and take on the form of the Magical Princess Holy
Up. She later makes 2 very close friends, Shiine Chan (to whom she gives
the Ring) and Riiya (who is given the Bracelet). Whenever they come across
an enemy that is too big to handle, Chacha Holy Up's and let's the Magical
Princess strut her stuff. She later loses this ability when Chacha, Riiya
and Shiine have to sacrifice the Magical Princess Medallion, the Bracelet
and the Ring to close the gate to the Netherworld (Ironically accidentally
opened by The Magical Princess herself!) Chacha is then offered a Magical
Brooch (that could hold things short of a mountain), a Communications
Compact (that she could use to talk with her mother) and The Crescent
Aurora Bracelet (that she can use to form a Magic Boomerang which would
bring things to help her out. On the third of every month, it's supposed to
bring someone or something back but I have never seen this happen.) She
chose all of them. Typical...
Most of the humour in the anime plays on her magic going awry. And that
happens like 95% of the time! If you ask me, it's cute the way she messes
up. As a student to Seravi and in Urara's School of Magic, she's not
exactly the brightest. She is easily fooled by enemies. The only one dumber
than her is Riiya.
Chacha studies in the Banana Section with Riiya, Shiine, Yakko and Suzu
under the supervision of Teacher Rascal.
Seravi is a very responsible person and when he saw that Chacha was not
advancing in her magic skills, he did a very unpredictable thing: he set up
a magical tournament against her! And Chacha actually beat him to earn the
title of "The World's Greatest Magician" (How she beat him was truly
hilarious! But everyone knew that Seravi must have held back. He later
regained his title with a snap of his fingers!) She later grew tired of
this title but no matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't lose! She
even had 'staring' competitions where both contestants would make a funny
face and the first one to laugh would lose! She kept winning.
She seems to have a certain obsession with Koalas. When she met Ranran
and Kankan for the second time, she was turned into a koala. When she
fought Seravi for a second time and tried to power up, a koala appeared
over her head (Seravi had a dragon!! HA!! What humour!!)
One more thing. Seravi gave Chacha her trade mark red hood. And when
Yakko found out...
- They think alike, especially when it comes to food, although Riiya
tends to be more obsessive when it comes to eating. They have been
together from the very beginning and she likes him "eventhough he is
clumsy and gets into a lot of trouble." If you ask me, Chacha seems to
like Riiya more than Shiine and in the first episode, Riiya even called
Chacha 'his girl'. Being quite naiive and gullible, Riiya and Chacha tend
to fall for most of the enemies tricks, despite Shiine's repeated
- Shiine saw Chacha about mid-way through the first episode and
immediately fell for her. He is smarter than Riiya and Chacha and can
usually smell a trap while his companions are suckered in (usually when
the enemies offer food) He really cares for Chacha and even fought his
own father to protect her (That was probably the most epic part of the
story if you ask me, even more so than when Chacha fought Daimarou.) and
was prepared to die for her. (Well, that's what he said anyway.)
- Seravi taught Chacha magic. She goes to him whenever she is in need
of help. Chacha grew up under Seravi's supervision and is like a parent
to her. She is more used to his simple style of living. After defeating
Daimarou and rescuing her parents, she hated staying at the palace and
asked if she could go back and live with Seravi.
- Marin is a Mermaid Princess and sees herself as Riiya's future bride.
She resents the fact that Riiya prefers Chacha. (Riiya doesn't like Marin
at all and changes form whenever she comes.) Whenever she can't find
Riiya, she will accuse Chacha of hiding him somewhere and often starts to
abuse her. She sometimes abuses Riiya in his wolf form as well, thinking
the 'dog' is Chacha's pet.
- Self-proclaimed rival of Chacha. She likes Seravi (yes I am aware of
the age difference but she just doesn't seem to care!) and resents the
fact that Chacha is living with him. We often see her swooning over
Seravi. All the other characters are used to this and just ignore her
when she starts to day dream. Although she doesn't really like Chacha,
she once protected her because if she got hurt, Seravi would pay more
attention to Chacha! I've seen her working out on a Chacha punching bag.
- Unlike the previous two, Suzu actually likes Chacha and says that
Chacha is the nicest person she has ever met. (Ain't that nice?) This is
despite the fact that Suzu likes Shiine who likes Chacha. (This story is
one BIG love polygon!!)
What the rest of the cast say
- She likes me more than Shiine!
- In your dreams doggie!
- Wish she would act more like a lady than like Dorothy.
- I'll get you later Seravi.... Now if I had tutored her, she
wouldn't mess up as much as she does.
- What makes you think that I even care the slightest for her?
- What Marin said.....
- Oh you two are just mean. Chacha is the nicest person I've ever
- She's a lousy baby sitter. She messed up Elizabeth once.
- A lot of her spells go wrong because (in Japanese) she mispronounces
the words. Like when she was making a bridge appear one plank at a time,
it suddenly turned into rubbish. My friend told me that bridge and
rubbish sound similar in Japanese. (I think I'll take up Japanese one
- In the 3rd entrance theme (you know that little 2 minute clip that is
played before the actual start of the show?) I'm quite sure that they are
acting out Little Red Riding Hood with Shiine as the hunter (he has a
koonskin cap and a rifle), Riiya as the wolf (he wore a wolf costume.
Probably they thought his wolf form would be mistaken for a dog!) and
Chacha was playing....... well if you don't know by now, then I am not
going to tell you.
- Her trade mark red hood was given to her by Sereby. Then when Yakko
- Once she was under the influence of a love potion and fell for
Marin!! No joke man!!
- Often spins out when flying on her broom.
- Hates living in the castle (where her mother and father live).
Prefers Sereby simple life.
- When she went back in time, she had to teach Sereby how to perform
- Once sued by the creators of Little Red Riding Hood but charges were
dropped seeing how she was a minor. (OK, i made that one up! But it could
have happened!! Who has the rights to Little Red Riding Hood
- I think that in the English version, she has had 2 different voices.
Her earlier voice sounded more mature. Her later voice was more
- like and cuter.
- She sleeps with the Princess Medallion still around her neck. Kinda
irresponsible of Seravi don't you think? She could choke!
- She's been 'blur' ever since she was born. Like when she was picking
potatoes in the garden and putting them into a basket, as she was trying
to put the basket on her back, she leaned forward and thereby throwing
the potatoes to the ground again. She got up, saw the potatoes were on
the ground, put down the basket, picked up the potatoes and threw them
out again when she was trying to put the basket on her back!
- She created multiples of Yakko to try and defeat Sereby for the title
of "The World's Greatest Magician"!!
- She finally beat Sereby by making pictures of Young Dorothy appear in
front of him. Poor Seravi let his guard down and.....WHAM!!!!
- Doesn't like it when Marin tries to get close to Riiya.
- One of the magic spells she messed up made her skirt blow up and turn
into a parachute!
- Can't ice skate. Even Shiine and Riiya who tried to teach her to ice
skate had no idea how to themselves!
- She thought that it was a coincidence when everyone gathered at
Seravi's house and gave her presents when it was her birthday.
- Her head is too big for her body. (Watch an episode where she wears a
swimsuit like the Friday the 13th one.)
- Ties her pig tails with green string.